Geneseo Central School District Board of Education News
New Superintendent Search Information
October 1, 2018
A Message from the Board of Education President
Dear Geneseo School Community,
On September 25, 2018, the Board of Education met in Executive Session with Kevin MacDonald, who is our BOCES District Superintendent and our search consultant, who will help guide us in the search for a new Superintendent. As promised, I am sharing with you information regarding the search for our next Superintendent. Information regarding the "Timeline for Filling the Geneseo Central School Superintendent Vacancy” is listed below. This will give you an idea of what will take place over the course of the next several months, and the corresponding dates that the Board chose in our meeting with Mr. MacDonald.
You will note that there are several "activities" that involve only the Board and others that involve only other constituent groups including staff/faculty and community members.
There will be committees that will be engaged to interview the semi-finalist candidates. Mr. MacDonald will be in charge of these meetings and will be seeking input from the Administrative team and Geneseo Faculty Association president to determine individuals from all departments, in both buildings, from all staffing areas (buildings and grounds, transportation, clerical etc.) to sit on these various committees. He will be in charge of assisting these committees in choosing interview questions to ask the candidates and will sit in on those interviews. He will then collect data from those interviews to share with the Board.
Likewise, he will do the same when it comes to the community. There will be an interview committee made up of community members and a forum held for ANY community member to attend to meet and greet the candidates.
Lastly, there will be a survey that Mr. MacDonald and his staff will create to gather information regarding what is most important to constituents in regards to a successful Superintendent candidate. Once we receive this survey we will get that out to all of the stakeholders so we can get as much feedback as possible to assist us in the search.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or any other Board member, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this process. Email addresses for Board members are listed below. You may also contact me by phone at 585-315-2380. As always, our Board meetings are a forum in which people are welcome to come share their comments and concerns.
Finally, the Board would like to thank you in advance for respecting this process and in assisting us with this most important task of hiring the next Superintendent of the Geneseo Central School District. I know that with all of us working together we will be successful in finding the right person for the job. Again, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time.
My Best to All of You,
Contact Information for the Board of Education:
Jenn Mehlenbacher, President Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
David Dwyer, Vice-President Email: email@example.com
Catherine Bennett, Member Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Matthews, Member Email: email@example.com
Chris McDonald, Member Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Phelps, Member Email: email@example.com
Michael Tenalio, Member Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline for Filling Geneseo Central School District Superintendent Vacancy:
- Initial Meeting for Board of Education and Kevin MacDonald: September 25, 2018
- Information held for all interested staff: To Be Determined
- Board of Education finalizes Brochure advertising the Superintendent Vacancy: By January 22, 2019
- Posting Opens (SAANYS, NYSCOSS, Colleges/Universities, etc.): February 4, 2019
- Consultant vetting of candidates: March 7-8, 2019
- Posting Closes: March 8, 2019
- Board of Education review of candidates/select semi-finalists: March 12, 2019
- Board of Education question development: March 12, 2019
- Semi-finalist interviews by Board of Education: April 2 &4, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Question development with constituent groups: TBD
- Finalists full day in District/dinner with BOE: April 23, 24, and 30, 2019
- Offer position/negotiate contract: May 1-17, 2019
- Board of Education appointment: May 20, 2019
- Successful candidate start date: July 1, 2019